Black-Owned Companies Featured in New Phase of Small Business Spotlight
August 12, 2020: Qurate Retail Group is using its production resources, television broadcasts, and digital platforms to help 40 Black-owned businesses gain more visibility through our Small Business Spotlight, a collaboration with the National Retail Federation (NRF) Foundation to help small businesses navigate today’s challenging retail environment.
This new phase of Small Business Spotlight is part of Qurate Retail Group’s commitment to continuing to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within our company and in society at large. None of these businesses are current Qurate Retail Group vendors.
Starting August 12 and continuing through mid-October, QVC and HSN will feature 20 Black-owned businesses on air, online, on social, and on our streaming service. This will include:
- A day dedicated to each business on our main QVC and HSN channels, featuring a video profile and multiple live appearances by the business owner via Skype (amidst our normal programming).
- Edited collections of the on-air content, shared on our QVC/HSN streaming service (on Roku and Amazon Fire) and on our YouTube channels.
- An interview with each business owner on QVC’s Shop Culture, a podcast that celebrates all things shopping.
- A page on QVC.com and HSN.com, with profiles of each Black-owned small business.
- A culmination show on QVC3 at the end of the campaign, featuring profiles of all participating business.
Zulily is promoting the campaign on its website, email, and social. Additionally, the businesses can also tap Qurate Retail Group team members for advice on solving a business issue through a virtual mentoring initiative.
An additional 20 businesses will be featured on QVC.com and HSN.com’s landing pages and in a group episode of the Shop Culture podcast. These placements will take place from September 1 through December 31.
“We’re proud to use our expertise and platforms to help these amazing Black-owned businesses raise their profiles on a national stage,” said Mike George, President and CEO, Qurate Retail, Inc. “QVC and HSN have always believed in the power of relationships, and in these challenging times, we want the Black community and Black-owned businesses to know that we stand with them.”
In addition to the Small Business Spotlight, last month, QVC.com and HSN.com launched landing pages highlighting Black-owned businesses that are currently part of our assortment of brands. Here, customers can learn about each business in a dedicated profile and shop its products.
The new iteration of the spotlight program is the second phase of Qurate Retail Group and the NRF Foundation’s Small Business Spotlight which launched earlier this year as part of our global relief efforts in response to COVID-19.
Qurate Retail Group is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, in collaboration with our team members, our communities, and the retail industry. We elevated this commitment by announcing several initiatives to promote diversity including donations and dialog earlier this year.