Qurate Retail Group Announces Donations and Dialog to Promote Diversity
Qurate Retail Group has launched several initiatives to elevate its commitment to diversity and inclusion within our company and in society at large, in collaboration with our team members, our communities, and the retail industry.
These programs build on our ongoing commitment to creating environments where all people are treated with respect and dignity and where everyone can be themselves and contribute to their fullest potential.
“Our company’s Principles call on us to Act With Empathy, Be Brave, and Do What’s Right,” said Mike George, President and CEO, Qurate Retail, Inc. “In this important time, we want to be part of the solution and help promote change.”
Here is a closer look at our most recent actions.
We are supporting diversity and inclusion in our communities.
- We are pledging $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative (EJI), an organization committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the U.S., to challenging racial and economic injustice, and to protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.
- We are providing a 100% match to U.S. team members donating to causes that support racial and social justice, up to an additional total company contribution of $1 million.
- We are launching a new phase of our Small Business Spotlight to highlight Black-owned small businesses via our on-air and digital platforms. We will also feature Black-owned brands among our current vendors.
We are helping our team members discover new perspectives, have uncomfortable conversations, and support each other.
- We are expanding the resources available to team members regarding racism in all its forms and the personal actions each of us can take to make a difference.
- We are adding Black affinity groups at more locations to provide team members with opportunities to come together to support one another and engage our broader organization in opportunities for learning and advocacy.
- We are expanding our diversity and inclusion training for all team members via online training modules, videos, and e-learning experiences.
We are working to rally the retail industry against racism.
- As Chair of the National Retail Federation (NRF), Mike George is committed to advancing this vital conversation.
For Qurate Retail Group, these actions are part of a broader effort, led by our Global Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Council, to increase diversity and foster an inclusive environment within our organization. This effort is focused on attracting diverse talent and suppliers, offering multicultural product assortments, and ensuring broad representation in our marketing, digital, and on-air activities.