Qurate Retail Group Reaches Plastic Reduction Milestone for Earth Day
April 22, 2021: More than six months ahead of schedule, Qurate Retail Group has completed its plan to eliminate single-use plastic bottles from all corporate office locations by the end of 2021. This includes our world headquarters in West Chester, Pa., and offices St. Petersburg, Fla., Chiswick, UK; Düsseldorf, Germany; Makuhari, Japan; Brugherio, Italy; and more.
We launched this goal in September 2020 as part of our expanded corporate responsibility program, in which we pledged to inspire a more sustainable way to retail: intentionally inclusive, entrepreneurially driven, responsibly curated, and waste-smart. Our work to eliminate single-use plastics from all of our contact centers and fulfillment centers continues.
We are pleased to share this milestone as part of Qurate Retail Group’s Earth Day celebrations across our brands, markets, and locations. Here are a few examples of how we are marking the day:
- QVC US is featuring reusable items, clean beauty products, conscious cleaning solutions, and sustainable culinary items on a special Earth Day page on QVC.com. On QVC’s Facebook page, each time a follower likes, comments, or shares our Earth Day post, QVC will donate $1 to Conservation International, up to a total donation of $5,000. Additionally, QVC’s social series, “Products We’re Loving,” is featuring a sustainability edition, highlighting environmentally friendly and reusable items.
- HSN is presenting special programming on air throughout Earth Day, featuring earth-friendly products. HSN’s digital craft series, “Quick & Crafty,” includes an Earth Day celebration craft and clean beauty bundle giveaway.
- Zulily recently launched its first-ever Sustainability Shop, where every purchase helps fund Conservation International, a non-profit organization fighting to protect nature. Zulily is donating $50,000 to help Conservation International plant at least 25,000 trees around the world, and eligible purchases made though the Sustainability Shop can prompt additional Zulily donations to help plant another 25,000 trees.
- Garnet Hill is digitally promoting its “Natural Fibers Resource Web Guide,” which explains the brand’s commitment to using natural fibers and the team’s processes for sourcing them.
- QVC Germany is highlighting products selected through its eco-focused startup competition, Next in Sustainability, which launched in December 2020. Selected products are appearing on QVC Germany‘s social platforms and on German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- QVC Italy is hosting an awareness session for team members on reducing water usage and making eco-friendly choices.
- QVC Japan celebrated its 20th anniversary and Earth Day by planting a symbolic sakura cherry tree at its headquarters in Makuhari.
To read more about our commitment to a more sustainable way to retail, visit our Corporate Responsibility page.