Qurate Retail Group Celebrates 50 Years of Pride
June 29, 2020: During Pride Month 2020, Qurate Retail Group and its brands worldwide honored the extraordinary contributions of our LGBTQ+ community – team members, guests, vendors, and customers – who have been so vital to building our business. We are committed to creating environments where all people are treated with respect and dignity and where everyone can be themselves and contribute to their fullest potential.
For team members, Qurate Retail Group hosted our first-ever, live global Pride panel discussion, featuring LGBTQ+ team members sharing their experiences and perspectives. Worldwide, our brands presented additional activities to encourage dialog, celebrate our differences, and strengthen our LGBTQ+-friendly culture.
We also reached out to our communities in a variety of ways:
- LGBTQ+ organizations are included in the 100% match Qurate Retail Group is providing to U.S. team members donating to causes that support racial and social justice through the end of August 2020, up to a total company contribution of $1 million.
- Qurate Retail Group became a corporate sponsor of The Trevor Project, the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ+ young people.
- QVC made a donation to the William Way LGBT Community Center, which serves the LGBTQ+ community of Philadelphia and its supporters.
- HSN sponsored the Together We Rise Vigil – an event in St. Petersburg, Fla., designed by local advocacy groups to help unite the LGBTQ+ and African American communities.
- Zulily sponsored the Lesbians Who Tech (Not IRL) 2020 Pride Summit, a virtual event featuring over 100 sessions on a broad variety of diversity and inclusion topics in tech. Throughout the month of June, the brand hosted a promotional giveaway on social and on Zulily.com to celebrate the community and the merchandising team offered Pride-themed events.
“Our company is rooted in a strong set of Principles that encourage empathy, humility, integrity, and acceptance,” said Mike George, President and CEO, Qurate Retail, Inc. “We are committed to learning more, doing more, and showing our LGBTQ+ community that they are not alone. We want every team member, guest, vendor, and customer to bring their authentic self to our workplace, our broadcasts, our online communities, and every other touchpoint we have, every day, without fear or apprehension, and feel a sense of belonging.”