Millions Touched by Qurate Retail Group Holiday Giving Campaigns
March 22, 2021: Qurate Retail Group team members, customers, and vendors came together last holiday season to help provide over 3.3 million meals to Feeding America and over $1.2 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s annual “Thanks and Giving®” Campaign.
With the pandemic straining food banks and pantries across the country, QVC teamed up with Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, to help fill the gap. QVC raised funds for Feeding America through several initiatives, such as “Cameo for A Cause,” which featured personalized messages from QVC hosts; the QVC + Feeding America product assortment, which triggered $1 donations for every item sold; and direct customer donations.
HSN combined customer and team member donations with a company match to support St. Jude’s “Thanks and Giving®” campaign, which helps fund St. Jude’s efforts to end childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, and Grandin Road also raised funds for the campaign through such efforts as Garnet Hill’s giveback program, which provided $15 to St. Jude for every plush loft blanket sold on GarnetHill.com, and Ballard Designs’, Frontgate’s and Grandin Road’s donation option for customers at checkout.
Our teams also held a range of events focused on local needs during the holidays, including the following:
- Team members at our headquarters in West Chester, Pa. donated over 130 gift cards, totaling $5,225, to a local nursing home and the Department of Children Youth and Families.
- Suffolk, Va. team members held a food drive that provided 20,000 meals to families in the Peninsula and Norfolk areas.
- Our Rocky Mount, N.C. fulfillment center gave a $25,000 grant to the local Boys and Girls Club.
- Team members at our Roanoke, Va. fulfillment center collected food for a local hospital and shoes for Katie’s Place, a center that helps individuals with unique learning challenges.
- Team members in New Hampshire donated 350 backpacks to St. Jude and over 5,000 backpacks to Backpack Buddies, a nonprofit that helps alleviate weekend hunger among lower income children.
Qurate Retail Group is dedicated to supporting causes that empower women, families, and communities worldwide. To learn more about our initiatives, please visit our community involvement page.